Clearly I'm the worst blogger in the world. Oh well.
1. I missed the Silent Poetry Reading, apparently. Here, have some Emily Dickinson anyway.
Hope is a strange invention —
A Patent of the Heart —
In unremitting action
Yet never wearing out —
Of this electric Adjunct
Not anything is known
But its unique momentum
Embellish all we own —
2. My throat feels like I've swallowed a cactus.
3. I've dropped way more money on yarn than is appropriate lately. Stuff I've bought, oddly enough solely from Käsityötalo Priima in Helsinki (I need to rambe about yarn stores sometime):
Colinette Jitterbug in Monet. Oh my.
Sandnes Garn Mandarin Petit in possibly the greates blue ever. I cast on something with it, but I don't know whether it looks like arse or not. Also the picture was useless.
Twilleys of Stamford Freedom Spirit, 10 balls. Enough for a sweater, I think.
Colinette Point 5 in Sahara. Two skeins of PRETTY.
4. Speaking of PRETTY, this happened within two days of me getting my paws on that yarn:
Pattern: Painfully simple. Cast on some stitches, knit 2x2 rib until you run out of yarn. Bind off.
Yarn:Colinette Point 5 in Sahara, two skeins
I love this scarf. It's really long (longer than my wingspan, at least, which admittedly isn't teribly long) and warm and pwetty. The yarn is really bulky, and I love thick-and-thin thing going on. The whole scarf took me maybe four hours, spread over two days.
The colourway is amazing. I also think it's funny how Colinette colourways look nothing at all alike on different base yarns. I usually love all of them. Here, for example, the colour is sort of subdued and vaguely brown, and on Jitterbug Sahara is a colour I believe experts call Really Fucking Orange.
5. I need more bookmarks.
6. I went through my button stash and did something that vaguely resembles organising. I took pictures and dumped it all back in.
7. I've fallen in love with steampunk. Again. (My second NaNoWriMo novel was steampunk. Seriously shitty stempunk, but still.)
I blame this necklace, which I found on sale for four euros last week:
The photo is horrible, but it's a black fake clockface with silver numbers and hands, with a silver gear hanging from it. I love it.