May Contain Traces of Knits

In which S rants about knitting, school, and life.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

FO: Topi hat

It's summer! (I believe I can say that now without causing a snow storm or something.)

Summer!

(Are my photos too dark? I have one of those fancy flat monitors, and it seems to lie about how light things look.)

My wrist is not getting much better, but I can knit a bit every once in a while without destroying it. I'm going to have to be careful, though, because I have six exams during this week and the next and most of them include writing essays. Thank you, Finnish educational system!

Remember when I vented about my faulty copy of No Sheep? Well, the store did take it back and ordered a new copy from the publisher. I got a proper copy a week or so back, and I loke it to little bits. I read it straight through the first chance I got.

***

I finished Topi way over a month ago, but I kept forgetting to take pictures. I finally had the chance today, so here it is. :D

FO: Topi hat

(Please excuse my dopey expression. That's the best I can do after writing two essays at school.)

Pattern: Topi, from Knitty
Yarn: Rowan Felted Tweed in Phantom (153), less than one ball
Needles: Circulars of a mysterious size. If I had to guess, I'd say 3mm/US2½. Aluminium.

Topi from the side

Interestingly enough, I took this photo myself, but I still look like I completely failed to notice the camera.

I knit the hat because I kept getting blinded by the sun while waiting for the bus. It worked up really quickly, and I rather love it. I had a bit of trouble with the cast-on, though, and couldn't figure out the instructions in the pattern, so I did a quick google and found this tutorial, which worked for me.

Topi ribbing

I really love the way the slipped-stitch rib looks.

Topi from the top

I'm also ridiculously fond of the way the top of the hat spirals. The purl ridge is sort of cute, too. (Also, photographing the top of your own head is rather tricky.)

Topi in its natural habitat

This is what I wore with it when it was a bit colder. It's been too windy lately, and I also got sunglasses with the proper sort of lenses for my eyes. I'm a bit sad the sun washed out the print on my bag; I'm really fond of the bag. (I bought it from the shop at the Science Museum in London. It's got a drawing of an old-school VW Transporter, with bits cut off so you can see some of the guts. It's like this one, but without the text.)

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 21:51, Blogger Lexy Girl said...

1) Super cool hat ma'am

2) You won my blog contest :) Email me your snail mail address, I'll send ou some yarn.

lexy(at)
limenviolet(daht)
com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home