May Contain Traces of Knits

In which S rants about knitting, school, and life.

Friday, April 06, 2007

FO: Motherfucking Snakes on a Motherfucking Sock

Excuse my French.

Snakes on a sock!

The pattern: Snakes on a Sock, by Miss Lime of Lime & Violet. (I do wish they had links to the pattern(s) in their sidebar.)
The yarn: Colinette Jitterbug in Jay
The needles: 2,5mm for the leg and foot, 2mm for the heel, bamboo. (And one aluminium 2,5mm, becaue I lost one of the bamboo set.)

Snakes on a sock, too.

I love colour. I love the fit. I've worn them for several days, even inside my shoes, which is a first for me.

The second sock is a bit larger than the first one, even though they're worked over the same number of stitches and rounds. Apparently my gauge gets looser toward the end of projects.

Also, the pattern is lovely. It's easy enough to knit even when you can't look at your hands, and the repeats repeat in a wonderful, logical, orderly manner, which pleases my geeky brain. During one of my weaker moments I hit an error in the pdf and left a comment. I swear the reply I got from Lexy the admin monkey broke all kinds of laws of physics, because I got it the second I clicked the submit button. Later, Miss Lime also emailed me, too. (It wasn't anything I couldn't have figured out myself. I was a bit sleep deprived.)

Snakes on a sock, three.

A better look at the stitch pattern. (Also I really rather like this photo.) Please excuse all the crap on our deck.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 22:35, Blogger Lexy Girl said...

Love them!

There are so many things about me that break all the laws of physics... I should really keep a list ;)

That yarn is so beautiful, and the snakes are so snakey, I'm glad you figured it all out.

 
At 23:44, Blogger Miss Lime said...

I'm so glad that you like the pattern! The socks look great! I need to make another pair sometime just to revisit the pattern. My Jitterbug has more purple in it. That would have been fun if I had the Jay colorway as well. I can't wait to try out the yarn just to see how it knits up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home